After I've stopped recording, where are the files saved to locally?

James
Site Admin

Re: After I've stopped recording, where are the files saved to locally?

Post by James »

lynnferguson wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:17 am256Mb file won't send to dropbox, keeps failing (small files go fine) - then when I use Mail Drop with my iPhone it works sometimes and others I just get an empty file.
What error are you getting? Check your Dropbox isn't full. If you're uploading large files, you may have hit your limit.

Most Email accounts won't let you email files larger than 5MB, so I wouldn't recommend using Email for anything larger than that.

Mind Monitor recordings are usually much smaller than 256MB, unless you have set the "Recording Interval" to "Constant" for 256Hz EEG data. If you're not using 256Hz EEG data for your own FFT analsys, I would recommend setting the "Recording Interval" back to it's default 1Hz setting.
lynnferguson wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:17 am Is there anything else I can do to get access to the file so that I can ensure it is protected until I can transfer to my Mac? Thanks
If the file fails to upload and Dropbox returns an error to the app, the iPhone version of Mind Monitor will retry the upload the next time you hit the record button.

I do plan to add iCloud support to the next iPhone version of the app, but I can't give you an ETA on that just yet.
lynnferguson

Post by lynnferguson »

Thanks for coming back to me James, Dropbox is a new account I took out especially for this, have tested it with different files and works fine - used Apple Mail Drop (5Gb max) on my mobile to transfer a 256Mb Mind Monitor file last week when the dropbox transfer wouldn't work and I had the mail option, then the next time I tried Mail Drop the file transferred only had 11kb - file transfer works to Dropbox for small files but I am focussed on sleep studies and in particular parasomnia - plan was to capture EEG activity to help understand how these events occur - ideally I would want detailed recordings - have been able to manipulate a 5Mb csv file from Mind Monitor using editing tools to chunk the data up. If there was a way for me to access the actual file MindMonitor creates then I have a multitude of options in how to get the data to my Mac for processing, I take it there is no way for me to get at the file before it is deleted?

Also, In the Muse S there are 3 LED battery lights on the underside of the battery - at the front of the headband, these go off when you pair with the Muse App but not with Mind Monitor and it rather distracting having 3 lights shining down on your eyes, I guess a workaround would be to connect to the Muse App first then connect to Mind Monitor - is there another way to switch the lights off on connection to Mind Monitor?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Lynn
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Apple doesn't let people manage files on their devices, sorry. If you want to access the file on your device you'd need to use an Android phone.
If you're on Android, the file is in the default Downloads folder.

For reference, I've transferred very very large files during my tests with Dropbox, without error. When the upload fails, what error message are you getting? Can you send me a screenshot please.

Re: Three lights. There's no command that I'm aware of to turn the lights off, sorry.
WamBam

Post by WamBam »

What are the chances a development could be made to have the LED lights turn off when connected to mind monitor (function like that of muse app)?

Unfortunately with muse s, the lights are directly in the eyes trying to sleep.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I've asked Interaxon about it, and they've said that it's not currently possible for me using the SDK. So, I've asked to have that feature added to the SDK.