Will the muse s get support?

gabrielvis

Will the muse s get support?

Post by gabrielvis »

im asking if the muse s will get support deciding to get muse 1 or s since 2 has alot of sensor problems
gabrielvis

Re: Will the muse s get support?

Post by gabrielvis »

i just heard that muse 2 has alot of sensor problems havent tried it myself i have it
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'll support it if I can.
Regard the Muse 2 (MU-03), the sensors themselves are fine, the problem with it it's just harder to get a good signal as they put a hard plastic heart/breath sensor right on the flexible part of the sensor band. This makes it more difficult to get a good connection. If you adjust the band correctly, then the Muse 2 gives good data, but I would definitely recommend getting the Muse 1 (MU-02) if you can.
gabrielvis

Post by gabrielvis »

James wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 pm I'll support it if I can.
Regard the Muse 2 (MU-03), the sensors themselves are fine, the problem with it it's just harder to get a good signal as they put a hard plastic heart/breath sensor right on the flexible part of the sensor band. This makes it more difficult to get a good connection. If you adjust the band correctly, then the Muse 2 gives good data, but I would definitely recommend getting the Muse 1 (MU-02) if you can.
wow thanks for the quick response i will prob get the muse 1 now i also heard they might be discounting muse 1
daga3467

Post by daga3467 »

I recently acquired the Muse S, for express purposes of using to collect data for research before finding out it's incompatible with Muse Direct etc. They have offered to refund the difference and send me a Muse2 instead but I am wondering is it worthwhile holding onto the 'S' or do people think the Muse2 has better capacity for data collection and support?

cheers,
Dave
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The Muse S and Muse 2 are essentially the same device inside, but with different physical shells.

The Muse S will likely give you better signal quality due to the way it's worn, so I would stick with it.