Signal Drop Issues?

ggblk

Signal Drop Issues?

Post by ggblk »

When using Muse S with Mind Monitor, I get frequent signal drops. They're usually the two rear sensors and the drop lasts 1-2 seconds at most. This happens regardless of whether I'm wetting the area and regardless of whether I'm moving or not (tested by sitting perfectly still).

Does anyone else experience this? Is this momentary signal drop impacting my readings or is it insignificant?

Thanks,

G
James
Site Admin

Re: Signal Drop Issues?

Post by James »

The ear sensors on the Muse S are difficult to get into good contact, espically when you have hair in the way. I recommend pulling down the rear of the band a little, so it exerts a little more pressure on the ears.

If you want to see the Front vs the Back sensor readings you can do this in settings. Uncheck "All Sensors" and check "Front/Back".
You can also turn off the rear sensors when looking at the online graph by unchecking TP9 and TP10.
ggblk

Post by ggblk »

Thanks. Interesting. So, does turning off the rear sensors negatively impact the wave data I can examine? (Not that I'm great at examining them)
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Yes and no. There is a value recorded for each of the four sensors, so the average will be affected if any sensor has bad contact... but you can just exclude any sensors you like when viewing live, or when viewing your recording online, so not a big problem.