Muse S Electode Contact over Ears

mikalus

Muse S Electode Contact over Ears

Post by mikalus »

When I turn off the 'horseshoe' option, it keeps reappearing intermittently with all of the electrode 'ovals' filled except for the last most 2 (the 'over the ears' electrodes) .

The horseshoe appears with those 2 empty, then they fill, and the horseshoe disappears. Only to reappear 3-10 seconds later. This sequence repeats.
I'm assuming that this means that I am having intermittent loss of contact with the over-the-ear electodes.

I've tried everything from salt water to electrode (EEG) gel.
The headbands are new and undamaged.

Any ideas as to how I can get a better and longer lasting contact with those 2 electrodes ?
Karsten

Re: Muse S Electode Contact over Ears

Post by Karsten »

Freeze, don't move! ;-) (just joking -- well, at least a bit)

I assume that you are aware of where the sensors actually are on the Muse S and where they are supposed to make contact to your skin. I don't have the Muse S, but I would try to see in a mirror what the problem is: Unconventional head shape? Hair? I might carefully experiment with additional headbands or hairbands to support the contact if my head shape was the issue.

...says someone who is new to the Muse 2 and still struggles with adjusting the device again for every session...