Session Average Absolute Left vs. Right? What does it mean?

gpals

Session Average Absolute Left vs. Right? What does it mean?

Post by gpals »

Hi,

I'm new in the community and just tested the Muse Monitor. Thanks James for this app, is wonderful.

I would like to understand how to analyze Session Average Absolute Left vs. Right. What does it mean?

Also, please find attached my EEG. Does it mean I'm working out more Alpha waves during my meditation, because this wave was the highest?
This condition is when on Muse you have, for example, 90% in calm?

Thanks!
Attachments
descarga.png
descarga.png (73.99 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
descarga (1).png
descarga (1).png (75.56 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
James
Site Admin

Re: Session Average Absolute Left vs. Right? What does it mean?

Post by James »

The Muse has four sensors placed around the head, so the left/right graph shows how the balance of waves between the sensors.
That graph was requested by community members that believe balance between left and right is important in meditation. I have not seen any compelling evidence for that, but am happy to put the graph in.

Regarding your results, you have Relative Alpha nice and high up, separated from the other waves, showing a strong indication of relaxation. Well done :-) Interaxon have not released their algorithm, so I can't say for sure what "90% Calm" looks like, but from my personal anecdotal experience of looking at charts people have sent me, this looks very good!
gpals

Post by gpals »

James wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 am The Muse has four sensors placed around the head, so the left/right graph shows how the balance of waves between the sensors.
That graph was requested by community members that believe balance between left and right is important in meditation. I have not seen any compelling evidence for that, but am happy to put the graph in.

Regarding your results, you have Relative Alpha nice and high up, separated from the other waves, showing a strong indication of relaxation. Well done :-) Interaxon have not released their algorithm, so I can't say for sure what "90% Calm" looks like, but from my personal anecdotal experience of looking at charts people have sent me, this looks very good!
Hi James,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I want to understand very well the EEG because I'm challenging my brain. Above meditation was done with techno house music to see how can I avoid noise and stay in calm. I will do more challanges and If I have really good statistics, I will teach people how to meditate and how to use brain waves technology ;)

Another question. Is possible to connect Muse and Mind Monitor via bluetooth at same time? I've been trying and maybe Bluetooth display doesn't allow it...

Thanks a lot!
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

You can only connect one app at a time, sorry.
gpals

Post by gpals »

Ok cool James, thanks a lot! ;)