Alternative method to create a Marker

vattha

Alternative method to create a Marker

Post by vattha »

Hi James,

Thanks for the wonderful app.

Currently I have to press a button in the app to submit a marker. This is not practical for my experiment, in which a subject closes his eyes. Is there an alternative method to submit the marker? For example, can I connect the iPhone with a mouse and pressing a mouse's button will submit the marker.

Best,
vattha
James
Site Admin

Re: Alternative method to create a Marker

Post by James »

If you're using an Android phone, then you can just connect a mouse and click buttons.

For iPhone, you want to Google something called "Assistive Touch". It's an iPhone accessability thing designed so disabled people can use input devices (bluetooth keyboard etc) to interact with the touch screen.

I played around with it last year, so my son could play Roblox on his iPad using a bluetooth controller touching the screen and moving his character. I recall it being very tricky to set up, but I did get it working. You can drag around a touch point at a location that you want to press, and then assign that to an input like the spacebar on the bluetooth keyboard.

I'm afriad that I don't recall the procedure any more, but if you Google, I'm sure you'll figure it out :-)
vattha

Re: Alternative method to create a Marker

Post by vattha »

Thanks for the quick way-out reply :).