University Research Project. Muse X Unity.

emeraldmonkee115

University Research Project. Muse X Unity.

Post by emeraldmonkee115 »

Hello,

I am a student at university who is intending to use Muse 2 in my research project. “Biofeedback in Psychological horror Games. Developing an Algorithm and Adapting Gameplay to Maximise Fear in Players.” As the title states I intend to develop an algorithm which adapts the game play in an attempt to maximise the amount of fear experienced.

This requires me to receive Live data from the Muse 2 sent to unity. I am aware of the recent closure of Muse Direct so I have been directed here in search for answers.

First of all, Is it possible to take the data from the Mind Monitor app and send it to another application (Unity) in real time? I have heard of Muse Lab but I am not sure if this is the correct approach.

Secondly, the Muse 2 has the ability to read your heart rate, can mind monitor also interpret these values?

Any other tips or help would be amazing if you think of it.

Kind Regards,

Matthew Stageman.
James
Site Admin

Re: University Research Project. Muse X Unity.

Post by James »

Yes, to streaming to other apps. See: https://mind-monitor.com/FAQ.php#oscspec

No to heart rate (yet). I'm working on it in my tiny amounts of spare time; but the data from the sensors is super noisy and my DSP isn't quite up to par yet! ;-)
emeraldmonkee115

Post by emeraldmonkee115 »

Thanks for the speedy response, Ill look into that now!

Do you know of any other way to live stream the heart rate from the muse 2 or is that completely off the cards?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

There's no way at the moment, sorry.
Nonarav

Post by Nonarav »

Hope that the ability to read and record heart rate in mind monitor will coming soon. ,,😘