How to solve the Bluetooth bandwidth problem?

Peter Gamma

How to solve the Bluetooth bandwidth problem?

Post by Peter Gamma »

When I use two Muse 1 headbands with Bluetooth simultaneously and connect them via Bluetooth to a PC trough LSL. Can I solve the Bluetooth bandwidth problem by adding more Bluetooth dongles to the PC? Can I increase the bandwidth in this way to connect as many Muse headbands as I want simultaneously to a PC?
Peter Gamma

Re: How to solve the Bluetooth bandwidth problem?

Post by Peter Gamma »

Unfortunately not:

https://forums.pureinfotech.com/t/can-i ... mputer/445

this is a pitty. How can more Bluetooth bandwith be optained for the future developement of the Mind Monitor (more channels would be desirable)?
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

This is a pitty. Is there no workaround to have more than one Bluetooth dongle connected to a PC and bring them to work?
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

There is a module on Aliexpress which can connect an TGAM EEG module over Bluetooth to Android or to a PC:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32606318 ... hweb201603

The manufacturer can deliver SDKs for Android and connect the device over BlueSoleil to a PC. The description says.

"with this kit you can make a wear BCI device yourself"

You can build your own Muse headband with this kit with as many EEG channels as you want. This might be interesting for EEG software developers. But due to bandwidth limitation only four channels? That’s a shame.

I suppose if someone develops special software for it, then it would work. Windows allows only one sound card. But it is possible to add multiple usb sound cards to a PC. But only one works.

A solution for adding as many EEG sensors as you want is by connecting them through Scott Hardens sound card ECG device:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP_-f5nsOEo

and replace the ECG sensor by an EEG sensor. Neuroscientist Dr. Scott Harden, PhD. has developed special software for his device which can handle with multiple sound cards. Thanks, Scott, for your great device and your great software.
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

The Aliexpress seller of the Blueotooth EEG sensor answered the questions about multiple Bluetooth dongles:

"Actually it can be available, just need to modify the pairing code of each donge"

Or eventually Bluetooth dongles from different manufaturers. If nobody has experience with it it needs to be tested.
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

Answer from Aliexpress seller: "Maybe it works, I'm not sure". But does it make sense at all? EEG devices with more channels usually use wifi. Would there be a reduction in energy consumption with multiple Bluetooth sticks compared to wifi?