Are the .csv files somewhere stored on the android phone?

Peter Gamma

Are the .csv files somewhere stored on the android phone?

Post by Peter Gamma »

Are the .csv files somewhere stored on the android phone, so that they can be read out from a phone without internet connection?
James
Site Admin

Re: Are the .csv files somewhere stored on the android phone?

Post by James »

On Android when you stop recording the file is sent to the operating system and then any apps which can handle file attachments will show as options to save. When this happens it it temporarily stored in the phone's Downloads folder.

This gives you the option to send the file to a file manager app (there are many on the app store) which can then just save the file back to a folder on the Android device, which you can then copy off later by connecting the phone to a computer as if it was a USB drive.

Note that the temporary copy of the file in the Downloads folder is deleted automatically when the app is closed, so make sure you pick a different folder to save to.

I tested out a few free file manager apps for Android and this one looks good: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... leexplorer

It says in the Google Play listing that it had ads in it, but when I tested I didn't see any and the user interface looks quite clean.

I tested it with both my mobile data and wifi disabled and it worked fine.
Peter Gamma

Re: Are the .csv files somewhere stored on the android phone?

Post by Peter Gamma »

That s fine. I only need a temporarly store. I have an app to record heart rate data. I can plug it into the PC and read it out. Great that I can to this also with the Mind Monitor. I have a special phone for recording sensor data and I don t use a sim card or wifi to save energy.