How to record eegs?

Zetron

How to record eegs?

Post by Zetron »

legs? Get museMonitor files in my doc file on this android phone. I have also seen csv files . I have excel. On my laptop, but have never used it and have no way to transfer csv files from the phone to the laptop. I purchased you program on the phone and cannot run the Muse on the laptop David R
James
Site Admin

Re: How to record eegs?

Post by James »

I recommend using Dropbox. Install it on your phone and also your laptop. When you press the White Square button to Stop Recording, you will have the option to send the file to Dropbox and then it will automatically sync to your laptop :-)
I also recommend viewing your files using the online charts rather than Excel: https://mind-monitor.com/Chart.php
Zetron

Post by Zetron »

Thanks, James. Incidentally , my MUSE does not have a "white box or square" nor does it have a "red Button". The "red Button " spot has a WIFI type symbol and when you click on it there is a SLASH mark appearing over it and the word STREAMING appears at the top of te display. I do not know about the WHITE BOX, but on the far lower right ; when clicked upon you get a RECORD or HELP selection.
Thanks David R.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The Red Dot start recording button once pressed, will change to a White Square stop recording button.
If you're not seeing all the buttons, then you may have an Android device with limited screen space for buttons. In this case you will see the standard menu icon (three lines, or three dots depending on Android version), which once tapped will show the other options.
Zetron

Post by Zetron »

Yes , I have the three dots and the three lines (in the wifi style). I have downloaded Dropbox and transferred several Muse eeg files over ,when Dropbox processes these files I get blocks of letters and numbers . How do I get the actual EEG tracings? David
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

You need to UNZIP the ".ZIP" files to get the CSV file inside. You can then view it online here: https://mind-monitor.com/Chart.php
Or process it in other programs like Excel, MatLab, Octave etc.