Is the accelerometer supported of the Muse 2?

Venryx

Re: Is the accelerometer supported of the Muse 2?

Post by Venryx »

@paul78 Maybe try this: https://github.com/alexandrebarachant/muse-lsl

That page mentions solutions for Windows, Mac, and Linux too. Since I'm on WIndows, I used the BlueMuse library, and it worked just fine for my Muse S. You can then view the streamed data in muse-lsl, or stream it to another program.

Regarding desktop connectivity to the Muse 2 and Muse S: it really depends on your particular hardware. For me, it worked out of the box just fine on my Lenovo Flex 14. It does sometimes disconnect after 10 or more minutes, but when that happens, you can just immediately reconnect (if you're making custom software this can be automated of course). In between those disconnects, the signal appears to be flawless -- no dropped frames or the like. (it's probably a flaw in the Bluetooth spec that makes it too hastily reject connections based on should-be-recoverable errors or something, but who knows)
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

It's not feasible to make a consumer app where it only works sometimes on some hardware. That's why mind monitor will only ever be on mobile devices
Venryx

Post by Venryx »

Yep, that's understandable, unless/until a reliable third-party dongle can be found. My point is just that there does exist some desktop hardware compatible with the newer models.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Sure.
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

I bought a Muse 1 on ebay. To my suprise, Muse 1 has also an accelerometer, did not know this, I got this wrong somehow. Battery life is only 5 percent. Needs to be replaced. The accelerometer might be helpful for artifact removal.
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

I theaf stole my Muse 2 headbands from the screed, but he has overseen my Muse 1 headbands. Happy that I found my own information, that the Muse 1 has also an accelerometer. So only soldering is needed. What happened to Interaxon? No SDK anymore, no forum, no information in the web to be found about accelerometers?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

Thank you James, you find almost everything. I forgot to mention, the Muse SDK is still available, but only for academic elitist ;) .
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

By the way, I m still doing my daily meditation practice, but with the Polar OH1 and a training tracker. A combination of mind monitor and a training tracker would be better, to have heart and mind data, a combination which is available also for non-academics.