Muse S gen 2 is not discoverable?

sv54

Muse S gen 2 is not discoverable?

Post by sv54 »

Hello,

Neither my iphone or laptop are seeing my new Muse S Gen 2. Is this a known issue with the new Muse devices? The Muse device is in cascade, pairing mode. Muse Meditation sees it but I can't seem to pair outside of the app. I'd like to get raw data using Mind Monitor and not the Muse app. I need to figure this out soon, so I can decide on whether to return it for a refund. Thanks.
James
Site Admin

Re: Muse S gen 2 is not discoverable?

Post by James »

Interaxon unfortunately only lets one app at a time connect to the Muse, and if you do not properly close their app, it continues to try to connect to the Muse in the background.

If you double tap the home button, you can swipe the Interaxon Calm app off the screen and this should close it fully and allow Mind Monitor to connect.
sv54

Post by sv54 »

Thanks, James. I ended up buying the iOS Mind Monitor App and that worked.

However, what I really want to do is record data using my laptop. I forked your pythonosc repo. I assumed that to use this, I need pair the laptop to the Muse directly. However, I chatted with Muse and they think that I need to stream to my phone and then that streams to the laptop. Can you give some guidance on how to setup the laptop to receive data? (Note, I originally thought that my laptop needed to pair with the Muse. However, my laptop doesn't see the Muse device.)
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The Muse doesn't work properly with Mac/PC Bluetooth which is why Mind Monitor is only available for Android and Apple mobile devices.

To stream to your laptop from Mind Monitor, in Mind Monitor change the "OSC Target IP" to your laptop's local WiFi IP, then press the Stream button to start sending data.
On the laptop side, open the firewall to allow UDP traffic over port 5000 and run the python script. That's it. Data! :-)
sv54

Post by sv54 »

Thanks to your help and app, I am enjoying pulling raw data off the phone right now. I will test out this laptop solution later. Cheers.