delta

Hoban78

delta

Post by Hoban78 »

Hello everyone, very happy and excited to use this new tech for my meditation practices. Anyway, my first few sessions have shown very high delta levels. I have had some neurofeedback training, and I do produce a good amount of waking delta, but I am guessing some of this is artifact or something else. Is there a way to check for it to get as accurate a reading as possible? Thank you
James
Site Admin

Re: delta

Post by James »

High Delta when awake is usually due to poor sensor contact.

Switch over to the RAW EEG view; This one - https://mind-monitor.com/img/mm-screen-3.jpg

What you want to get here are thin crisp lines, with large spikes when you blink or move your eyes quickly.

In the example picture here you can see how TP9 is more "fuzzy" than the rest, this means the connection is not so good. It's ok, but it could be better! ;-)
Hoban78

Post by Hoban78 »

Interesting. Ok thank you I will play with that. Is that like the raw data on your online graph as well?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Yes.
Hoban78

Post by Hoban78 »

awesome, thank you
brian719

Post by brian719 »

Hi All, I have been playing with this app and my new Muse-S for about a week.

My understanding of Delta waves is they are slow and signify deep sleep states. However they spike when i open my eyes during meditation and look at the graph. I just did a workout (spin cycle) and sweated up my headband LOL. The chart is delta at the top of the relative and absolute.

I would have expected to see Beta if I'm focusing, or Theta if I'm in the zone. Can anyone explain how to interpret the heavy Delta? Attached is my chart from the workout (absolute)
Workout Absolute.png
Workout Absolute.png (204.07 KiB) Viewed 4397 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

High Delta while awake means you've got bad sensor fit.
You can also see that the screenshot above is littered with J - Jaw Clench and BF - Bad Fit markers.
kulakoladja

Post by kulakoladja »

Agreed. Sounds like a bad fit. It is possible to achieve a delta state with yoga nidra, however.

https://www.mrfelix.org/post/yoga-nidra

Attachments
10.4.NIDRA.png
10.4.NIDRA.png (121.3 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
DogManStar

Post by DogManStar »

Wow! Approximately how many hours of practice does it take to reach that level?
kulakoladja

Post by kulakoladja »

It's hard to say, because I've been meditating for a long time. I started experimenting with yoga nidra a few years ago. I was listening to this script when I got the results I shared previously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FroVfmOtaps&t=4s

I've listened to others and have received somewhat similar results. Sometimes, however, the mind is too agitated or excitable and I can't drop as far. Still, it's fun to experiment and play. There are many variables like diet, supplements, sleep, state of mind, etc. that will affect outcomes.