CSV file is messy

abdnflmtz

CSV file is messy

Post by abdnflmtz »

Hallo all.. so I was trying to make a graph with Microsoft Excel. I was following all the steps to make the Macros and copying all the codes properly. But, when I click the Macros in CSV file to make the graph it shows 'Runtime Error 1004''. And I just realize that my CSV file is messy compared to the CSV file in the Tutorial. What should I do with this? How can I make a graph in Microsoft Excel properly?
Thanks in advice
Attachments
Runtime Error.PNG
Runtime Error.PNG (5 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
CSV messy.PNG
CSV messy.PNG (121.24 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
James
Site Admin

Re: CSV file is messy

Post by James »

Hi,

On some European versions of Excel, CSV files (which stands for Comma Separated Values), are set to use a semi colon instead of a comma as the number separator character, and a comma as the decimal separator symbol.

You can change these in your system regional settings.

Go to windows settings, "Time & Language", then "Region", on the right select "Additional date, time & regional settings", then "Change date, time or number formats".

Note that these might be slightly different depending on your version of Windows.

In the dialogue that opens, click "Additional Settings" and change the "List separator" to a comma (,) and the "Decimal symbol" to a period (.).

Alternatively, you can use the online charts! https://mind-monitor.com/Chart.php
abdnflmtz

Re: CSV file is messy

Post by abdnflmtz »

Very helpful,
Thanks in advice :D