Reading CSV with Libreoffice

jameswhuxley

Reading CSV with Libreoffice

Post by jameswhuxley »

As someone who's never worked with macros before (although not a total ludite) I'm having an issue setting the macro up on Libreoffice.
Following a guide to set up a macro, and then pasting the MM macro, i get the following error:

BASIC syntax error.
Symbol Format already defined differently.

With this code highlighted

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).DataLabels(datapoint).Format

Can anyone help. Please :)
J
James
Site Admin

Re: Reading CSV with Libreoffice

Post by James »

I would encourage everyone to use the online charts rather than the excel macro. You only need to use excel if you're doing your own data processing, and even then I would recommend using MatLab rather than excel!
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

I'm regularly reading CSV data with Libreoffice. Do you really need macros for this? It is possible to just open the .csv in LibreOffice, and the importer is good.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The main thing that the Macro does is separate the Blink, Jaw Clench and optional user data markers.
They look like this in the file:

2021-02-11 11:02:07.605,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/muse/elements/blink

If you were to directly graph the CSV without any processing, it probably wouldn't look right.

Also, the CSV data has each brainwave as separate electrodes (TP9,AF7,AF8,TP10), so when the macro runs it creates a new sheet with a single average for each brainwave, making the graph much more readable.

.. Or you can just use the online charts and it does all this for instantly ;-)
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

Thank you James. I currently import only .csv files from a training tracker. But I will also import .csv files from mind monitor, to be able do analyse the physiological data with a database software.