Viewing a Night-Long Spectrogram (Sonogram)

mikalus

Viewing a Night-Long Spectrogram (Sonogram)

Post by mikalus »

I'm trying to do a quick and easy investigation of my nightly sleep activity - viewing a 'spectrogram' ('Heat Map') of my nightly sleep would be the fastest and most intuitive way to do a preliminary inspection of my nightly brain activity.

Mind Monitor has an interesting looking 'spectrogram' graph that would fit my needs, except that I don't think that there is any way to capture 8hous of continious graph .... if there is, please let me know.

Hypnodynecorp's Zmax has a very detailed set of graphs, including what appears to be a high resolution spectrogram, which can display a full night's activity. But their price tag of over $1500 CDN makes me prefer to look elsewhere first
Hypnodynecorp 2021-01-14_170622.jpg
Hypnodynecorp 2021-01-14_170622.jpg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 950 times
Does anyone know of a fast / easy way to capture and display a full night's worth of Mind Monitors spectral graph?
Or be able to regenerate (plot) a spectrogram from the .csv file (using 'constant' sampling option) ?

Thank you
lynnferguson

Re: Viewing a Night-Long Spectrogram (Sonogram)

Post by lynnferguson »

Hi, I'm trying to do something similar, have had to split the file (when I manage to get it from Mind Monitor) into one-hour chunks as Mind Monitor has a file size limit. I'm hoping that graphing solutions/file management approaches for the Muse S are under development as current capability seems to be aimed at shorter meditation based outputs. I'm looking at Python/Anaconda options too ... hope you find a solution.