horse shoe indicator is empty

James
Site Admin

Re: horse shoe indicator is empty

Post by James »

That's interesting. The LG G6 has a faulty bluetooth chip and can't read the Muse data correctly. It might be that the G2 has the same problem.

Can you please send me a five minute recording so I can look at the data. Before you record, go in to settings and set the "Recording Interval" to "Constant". This will give me all the raw eeg data to analyse at full rate.
MorphoV

Post by MorphoV »

Sure.
Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f0fwfg9pjmfo ... 7.zip?dl=0

I also recorded with the Samsung as reference:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jy6q73f4nbcx6 ... 7.zip?dl=0
museMonitor_-840913278.jpg
museMonitor_-840913278.jpg (245.85 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'm very sorry, but it looks like the LG G2 is not receiving all the data from the Muse, just like the G6 :-(

In your file, there is no data at all for the Accelerometer, Gyroscope, or Battery. These values should all be transmitted even when the HSI shows headband off. Looking at the RAW EEG values, you have the headband on your head correctly with good clean values coming through, but the lack of HSI data means that the reference sensors (front middle) are not coming through, and without those the brainwave values don't get calculated.

I'm sorry, but this isn't something I can fix, as it's due to a hardware problem in the bluetooth chip of the G2.

Moving forward I will block the LG G2 from installing on Google Play.
Can you please go to the bottom of the help on the G2 and click the email button and send me a message. This will create an email with the exact sub-model code of your phone, so I can specifically block just that model.
If you'd like a refund, I totally understand, just email me. Or if you have a spare Apple device like an iPad, iPod, iPhone I can give you a code for a free install.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Hello tjere
First timer here on the form, just reporting that i had a similar issue as the op,but turns out eventhough the muse was okay with signals the last time i used it,apparently the seasons or whatever made it appear not to work.
Also, i had some oxidation build up on the copper. I wiped it with a piece of tissue and alcohol at first. Nada. Then i realized that i did not wipe hard enough,i used the little alcohol swabs that feel like firm paper towels. Bottom line, it worked.
MorphoV

Post by MorphoV »

James wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:40 pm I'm very sorry, but it looks like the LG G2 is not receiving all the data from the Muse, just like the G6 :-(

In your file, there is no data at all for the Accelerometer, Gyroscope, or Battery. These values should all be transmitted even when the HSI shows headband off. Looking at the RAW EEG values, you have the headband on your head correctly with good clean values coming through, but the lack of HSI data means that the reference sensors (front middle) are not coming through, and without those the brainwave values don't get calculated.

I'm sorry, but this isn't something I can fix, as it's due to a hardware problem in the bluetooth chip of the G2.
James, I heard you when you said that Interaxon's app is for meditation, so it won't warn me each time there is a bad connection, but it definitely receives more info than Mind Monitor on my G2: The horse shoe indicator is working accurately, so does the battery indicator. Gyroscope and accelerometer, I don't know.
So there is most likely something else than just a bluetooth chip problem.
James wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:40 pm Can you please go to the bottom of the help on the G2 and click the email button and send me a message. This will create an email with the exact sub-model code of your phone, so I can specifically block just that model.
Sure.
James wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:40 pm If you'd like a refund, I totally understand, just email me. Or if you have a spare Apple device like an iPad, iPod, iPhone I can give you a code for a free install.
No need for a refund, I'll keep using my wife's old phone with a broken screen until I find a better solution. Maybe the way to go is to buy an iPad, so yes, an install code for IOS would be great.
Thank you man, I appreciate.