Play sound in real-time when Alpha is "dominant"

skymath

Re: Play sound in real-time when Alpha is "dominant"

Post by skymath »

Dear James,

I'm new to this board, awaiting arrival of my Muse S this week. From what I can tell, I think I'll be buying your app very soon, since it seems like what I naively thought the Muse app would supply, but doesn't.

I just wanted to say that I am impressed with how you replied in this thread. You went out of your way to make that python script, etc... very classy.

I look forward to enjoying your app.. thank you.

peace,
Sky
Karsten

Post by Karsten »

Hi, James,

I'll second that, I'm also impressed by the way you communicate with "impatient" (to say the least) forum members.
I'm new to the neurofeedback topic and Muse device, and obviously to this forum.

Meditation is all fine, and I understand why you are shy to cater different tastes of meditation experiences, and yes, there is little value in recreating the Interaxon Calm app, but I'm in a different crowd:

I'm plagued with a chronic neurological disease, and my therapist tries to achieve very specific goals, expressed in simple ratios, sensor locations and frequency bands. So my desire for a customizable neurofeedback solution is rooted in a specific problem. I see your amazing app and OSC communication as central building blocks to reach that goal, and I'm willing to go the extra mile and do some coding. Finally I would love the solution to be mobile phone only, through local OSC communication, if that is feasible. I'll check your examples, github etc and other sources, and then I'll see, I guess. Adventures in unknown worlds lie ahead.

Thanks for the amazing app!
Regards
-Karsten
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Thank you both for your kind words :-)