stargazer

Re: Octave support?

Post by stargazer »

5.2 on Windows, and 4.2.2 on Ubuntu.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

It's working for you on windows yes? Can you try updating the Ubuntu one to the lastest version.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Same problem on windows :(
Will meditate with Mind Monitor :D and get back to you later ...
Thank you for the great tool.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Check the data. Maybe the plot function isn't working for you.. but I'm baffled as to why since it works just fine on my machine and I have a professor who tested the script and said it's working for his students.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Played with code a bit more and changed to csv2cell function. Now it works (and I can meditate).

Code: Select all

pkg load io
  museData = csv2cell(tempDataFilename);

delete(tempElementsFilename);
  delete(tempDataFilename);

figure
  hold on;
  #dateFormat = 'yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.FFF';
  #dateNums = datenum(museData(:,1},dateFormat);

museData = cell2mat( museData(2:end,2:30) );
  plot((museData(:,1)+museData(:,2)+museData(:,3)+museData(:,4))/4,'Color',[0.8,0,0]);#Delta
  plot((museData(:,5)+museData(:,6)+museData(:,7)+museData(:,8))/4,'Color',[0.6,0.2,0.8]);#Theta
  plot((museData(:,17)+museData(:,10)+museData(:,11)+museData(:,12))/4,'Color',[0,0.6,0.8]);#Alpha
  plot((museData(:,13)+museData(:,14)+museData(:,15)+museData(:,16))/4,'Color',[0.4,0.6,0]);#Beta
  plot((museData(:,17)+museData(:,18)+museData(:,19)+museData(:,20))/4,'Color',[1,0.54,0]);#Gamma

title('Mind Monitor - Absolute Brain Waves');
  hold off;

Will reinstall my Octave anyway.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Hi James, I was also trying to convert the values plotted in Matlab/Octave to dB. Since you mentioned these values are already in Bel, to change to dB, I should multiply them by 10, and I can add any common offset to these values. However the resulting dB values have a smaller range than that of your online graph. For example, I got between 50~60 dB, but with the same data your online tool shows 40~80 dB. Could you please let me know how you did the conversion? Thank you.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

You don't need to convert the values. I changed the rendering scale from the data's ~-1:+1 scale to ~0:100 because the laymen understands it better without question, but there's really no need to. You can call them bels or dB, it doesn't matter, it just a unit that designates that they are values derived from logarithmic calculation. If you want to convert from -1:+1 to 0:100 then y=x+1*0.5
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

I got your point. Thank you.
Then how did you compute the relative fraction for each type? Did you sum up the values directly or convert them from the log domain back to linear domain (10^value) and then sum up?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

That math is done by the Interaxon SDK. According to their documentation (https://mind-monitor.com/OnlineHelp.php ... and_powers) it's the "logarithm of the sum of the Power Spectral Density of the EEG data over that frequency range"
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Very helpful. Thank you