Graphing edited csv recording online

Miheer

Graphing edited csv recording online

Post by Miheer »

I want to graph only portions of the csv file - say the last 10 or 20 mins. Generally, the first few minutes' data is prep time as one attempts to calm down. I want to see how the graphs and analytics look for a relatively more relaxed and "quiet" mind. I edited the csv and deleted the rows for the first few minutes. This file gives an error while trying to graph online. It says time needs to be in a specific format... and asks whether you have edited the file in excel.

The query is on how to graph only portions of the csv recording.

Thanks,
Miheer
James
Site Admin

Re: Graphing edited csv recording online

Post by James »

If you want to edit the file, you must preserve the timestamp. By default Excel change the timestamp to just the date. You would need to set the column format to this: Year-Month-Day Hour:Minute:Second.Millisecond
Note, if you just want to see part of the graph, you can zoom in/out by using the mouse scrolling wheel, then panning with click drag, or on touchscreen devices, two finger pinch to zoom and single finger to pan.
Miheer

Re: Graphing edited csv recording online

Post by Miheer »

Thanks. Got it. But seeing parts of the graph by zooming in / out does not change the average values in the "dials" at the bottom. I am actually interested in that. So I have to reupload the edited file to check for new averages. Can you add this dynamic capability in the online graphs?