Failure to export files/readings

Eyvah_Ehyeh

Re: Failure to export files/readings

Post by Eyvah_Ehyeh »

"File to upload not found" is another error message I get. Not able to upload the file anywhere, like before - google drive, gmail, dropbox, file commander, etc. I'm using android version 11, and have also uninstalled and downloaded the latest version of mind monitor.
James
Site Admin

Re: Failure to export files/readings

Post by James »

Maybe the issue is that Dropbop, and the other apps you've tried, don't have full file access permission?
You have confirmed that the recording files are correctly being created by finding them in the phone Downloads folders... so I don't think there is any issue with Mind Monitor working correctly, it's just that other apps on your phone can't seem to read files from the Downloads folder.. which is very unusual!

Lets focus on Dropbox because I know 100% that that works! I have Android 11 on my own personal Google Pixel 2, so I know this should work, unless Xiaomi have done something super weird in their OS updates! Go into your phone settings and then Apps, Dropbox and give it full file access permissions, then try again.

This is what should happen:
  • Press the red stop recording button.
  • Android "Share" box pops up from the bottom of the screen, listing instsalled Apps that can handle files.
  • Tap "Dropbox".
  • Dropbox shows "Choose upload location", where you can select the folder you want to save to.
  • Tap "Upload Here".
  • Dropbox uploads and syncs the file.
  • Done.