Bad Connection

DogManStar

Bad Connection

Post by DogManStar »

Hi,

I am finding that when I do longer meditations the recording of my brainwaves tend to get a lot of Bad Fit Good Fit labels on them. I always dampen my head before I fit my Muse 2 and have even tried using a headband to keep the set close to my scalp. I am wondering, could it not just be that my brain is producing quite sharp spikes of voltage. I notice it usually happens when I start to get quite high Beta and Gamma readings.
Attachments
raw1.png
raw1.png (137.5 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
absolute.png
absolute.png (110.49 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
DogManStar

Re: Bad Connection

Post by DogManStar »

Maybe I have just got a faulty headset?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Is your meditation quiet sitting? If so, I would expect the data quality to get better rather than worse over time, but clearly this is not happening in this case.
Regarding moisture, you definitely don't want the band to be wet. For good contact you want a thin salty sweat layer that will conduct electricity, but if you are sweating a lot that could be the cause of the issue.
DogManStar

Post by DogManStar »

Thanks for your reply James.

I am sitting still but I can feel the muscles of my scalp move slightly as the prana becomes stronger. However, I would imagine muscle movement in the scalp would cause an increase in Delta which usually drops low when I meditate.

I also find the official Muse App disconnects due to a 'drop in signal quality'. I tried using electro-conductive gel to get a more stable connection but this has not helped. I am thinking of returning my unit to the manufacturer.
MaverickNH

Post by MaverickNH »

I wipe my forehead and ears, as well as Muse S sensors, with a damp washcloth, then rub a thin smear of electrode gel on both. I still see ear sensor dropouts but fewer.

BRET
DogManStar

Post by DogManStar »

I have resolved this issue now. I held the power button down for 10 seconds which apparently does some sort of reset. Works great now.