Absolute brainwaves in online charts?

Peter Gamma

Absolute brainwaves in online charts?

Post by Peter Gamma »

What are absolute brainwaves in the online charts used for? Has this parameter a scientific significance?
James
Site Admin

Re: Absolute brainwaves in online charts?

Post by James »

Specific Absolute brainwaves are indictive of certain brain states and are usually the starting input of algorithms to work out relaxation.

For instance I work out relaxation/calm by looking for high relative alpha, and relative alpha is calculated from all the absolute waves.
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

Relative alpha is also an interesting parameter. Can relative alpha be seen somewhere in the mind monitor app?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

No, I don't think it deserves it's own graph as it's only useful when you're looking at a single wave or from a mathematical algorithm perspective. In Mind Monitor, you're always looking at all the waves together. The point of relative is to tell how it compares to other waves and you can already see that just by looking at the absolutes. You can select it on the online charts though.
brian719

Post by brian719 »

James, do you prefer reading the absolute chart vs the relative? I see that is the default. Also how do you feel about analyzing the average minutes vs. all data points? I'm trying to get my arms around what trends to look for.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

They're all good ;-)