Left-Right Brain Symmetry

steph77

Left-Right Brain Symmetry

Post by steph77 »

Hi James,
I have recently done a myndlift assessment for my son and he has some sub-normal categories on Left/Right brain symmetry. I want to do regular checks for him with mind monitor and want a way to compare them to baseline of Mindlyft's assessment.

Mindlyft checks as follows:
Frontal L/R alpha, beta, theta where optimal range is 0.85-1.12 (green zone) above and below that are sub optimal (red zones).
So for example my son's results were: Alpha 1.18, Beta 1.54, Theta 1.06. I believe he fires stronger on the right brain less on the left.
How can I replicate this calculation using mind monitor? I know where the Session absolute Left Vs Right is on the bottom left of the graphic display where if you stand on the left you get the minus result and stand on the right you get the plus result for each frequency.

Do you know what formula is used to calculate the difference?
Thanks
Stephanie
James
Site Admin

Re: Left-Right Brain Symmetry

Post by James »

I can't tell you what myndlift is doing. I'm not involved in the development of their app and I've never used it.

If you want to look at left vs right in Mind Monitor, there's a chart that shows under the brainwaves on the chart page, that looks like this:
MM-Chart-Left-Right.png
MM-Chart-Left-Right.png (17.02 KiB) Viewed 821 times
If you hover over a bar with the mouse on your Mac/PC, it'll show you a number. This is the average over the session.
steph77

Re: Left-Right Brain Symmetry

Post by steph77 »

Hi I have worked out that this does correspond with Mindlyft. You simply divide the left side by the right side in order to find the discrepancy.