A question and suggestion

amusingman

A question and suggestion

Post by amusingman »

I purchased a used Muse (MU-02) and am trying to make sure it’s working properly. The signal looks a bit different from what I’m seeing others post on here. One thing I notice is a consistent spike of low frequency noise. Not sure if that’s the device or something else.

The suggestion I had was that it might be nice if the all did a quick “self test” to make sure that everything looks OK. I realize it checks the individual sensors, but not sure how much that does other than simply register it’s getting signal.

Thank you for your help!

Here’s the screenshots, I’m getting an error when trying to add them to the post for some reason: https://imgur.com/a/ysmMkQE
James
Site Admin

Re: A question and suggestion

Post by James »

Your Ear sensors have a bad signal, likely because the band isn't tight enough or there is hair in the way.
The spike at 60Hz is likely powerline noise, so I would move away from lamps etc in the room. The spike in the Gamma range will likely be a harmonic from the powerline noise. Eliminate that first and see what happens.
amusingman

Post by amusingman »

Thank you for responding. I eliminated the 60 Hz spike by shutting off the power, but the 30 Hz spike remains (along with weaker harmonics above and below).
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

amusingman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:57 pm Thank you for responding. I eliminated the 60 Hz spike by shutting off the power, but the 30 Hz spike remains (along with weaker harmonics above and below).
I'm not sure what that low frequency spike is then. Try going outside away from everything and doing a test. It might be other electronics in the area.
You could also try moving around the place and seeing if it goes up and down to pin point the source.