Bad AF7 sensor on Muse S headband (?)

Sebastiii

Re: Bad AF7 sensor on Muse S headband (?)

Post by Sebastiii »

James wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm In Mind Monitor, there's already an option to filter this from the Brainwave results. Right near the bottom of the settings you'll see "Notch Filter", which you can set to "50Hz (EU/230Volts)" or "60Hz (US/120Volts)".
This will remove power line noise from the brainwave results, but you will still see it in the other graphs.
Do you mean that filtering will not be visible in real-time but in log ?

It is worth to use a conduction gel ? On those Muse S device ?
Along the 50Hz issue, it seems that skin contact didn't work very well too.
For meditation, it's ok but not for longer (like a night) :)
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Sebastiii wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:22 am Do you mean that filtering will not be visible in real-time but in log ?
You will still see a spike in the discrete frequency and spectrogram charts even when the filtering is enabled. It will only affect the calculated brainwave values.
Sebastiii wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:22 am It is worth to use a conduction gel ? On those Muse S device ?
I wouldn't, just because the Muse S has a fabric headband and it'd get super sticky. Just wipe your own forehead with a damp cloth. The gentle exfoliation will also help.
Sebastiii

Post by Sebastiii »

Thanks James 👍 for all your support.
prasada108

Post by prasada108 »

I have exactly the same issue. AF8 signal is erratic and my battery doesn't ever get past 50% charged, which usually only gets to 30% max. When did you buy yours MusicGirl?