Pairing problem with Huawei P30 Lite

mikalus

Pairing problem with Huawei P30 Lite

Post by mikalus »

On my P30 Lite, I can 'see' the Muse s' listed as 'available to connect' along with some other BT devices that I have.
I seem to be able to connect successfully to all of the other BT devices, and have them work OK, EXCEPT for 'Muse Meditation' & 'Mind Monitor' apps.
They just keep trying to connect endlessly .

i.e. The Huawei P30 can 'see them' as 'connectable devices', and trying to connect via the BT manager gets a message saying 'use the app to connect'.
But neither of these apps are able to pair with the Muse-S. They just 'sit there', trying to connect forever - they don't give any error message.

Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on, or how to get them to connect ?
James
Site Admin

Re: Pairing problem with Huawei P30 Lite

Post by James »

The Huawei P10, P20 and P30 are not supported by Mind Monitor as there are issues with the Bluetooth chips on these phones.
Tests have shown that these phones do not connect properly and when they do the data is intermittent.

Interaxon have also posted on their website that no Huawei phones are compatible with the Muse:
Interaxon-Huawei.png
Interaxon-Huawei.png (33.69 KiB) Viewed 691 times
(Mike, I know we've been emailing about this, I'm posting this on the forum for anyone else who finds this topic)
mikalus

Re: Pairing problem with Huawei P30 Lite

Post by mikalus »

Interaxon support page says to 'call them' if you have a Huawei phone.
I put in a support email to them about that, to see if I can get any more info on that, but I haven't heard back yet.

My guess is that they will say the same thing as James said.

(Sigh) .. I love technology, I love technology, ... I love technology ... technology is my friend ... (keep telling myself that) :-)