How to understand the graph

James
Site Admin

Re: How to understand the graph

Post by James »

Hover your mouse over and you can see that these mean "Bad Fit" and "Good Fit".
The sensor pads are not making good contact with your skin, sorry.
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

Cool, thanks.
However couple of qns to get specifics
- If there are some GF-BF-J in a graph; do we assume that the whole session is bad OR
- The time intervals where we see it appear on any one wave is because of bad sensor pads and the other time intervals the reading are accurate/ acceptable to analyze?
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

jocobo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 pm
ALPHABRAIN8675 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:40 am The group for anybody like me who is interested in knowing more of how to interpret the MMG graps:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Also posting one of the grpahs from the forum which has a distinct alpha (many more in the grp thoough)
ALPHABRAIN8675, can you share the link to the facebook group? The link you posted is just to the image, but not the group, and I'd love to check out the group. Thanks!

-j
Jocobo- I was way from MM as i had no issues readings however to answer your qn the link to the facebook group as seen below:
Check Holly Copelands youtube VDO- Understand Your Muse Headband Brainwaves with Online Communities (Interview with Holly Copeland)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6XyMNxKt9Q
Raising our Vibrations group - ROV
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2311653182426829/
The Neuroscience Holly private group- Once accepted it is specific to graphs and its details. Check out her youtube vidoes w Cody Rall
https://www.facebook.com/groups/468088840497387/
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

ALPHABRAIN8675 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:41 pm - If there are some GF-BF-J in a graph; do we assume that the whole session is bad OR
- The time intervals where we see it appear on any one wave is because of bad sensor pads and the other time intervals the reading are accurate/ acceptable to analyze?
I would treat anything between a BF(Bad Fit) and a GF(Good Fit) as Bad. If you're getting it a lot, then yes, it's likely the whole session is junk. But to be sure you'd have to check the RAW EEG.
Jaw Clench doesn't have a start an end, so that one is a little harder to class, but yes, Data with J near it is likely bad.

If you look a the RAW EEG, what you want are thin crisp lines. These show the electricity detected at the pad. You only want the tiny tiny pulse from your brain to show up. If you move your eyes rapidly, or blink you'll see the RAW EEG jumping up, this is EMG muscle movement interference, which you don't want. Bad Fit kicks in when you completely loose a sensor pad as shown on the HSI (Horse Shoe Indicator) and then Good Fit happens when you've got all your sensor pads connected well again.
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

James wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:41 pm
ALPHABRAIN8675 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:41 pm - If there are some GF-BF-J in a graph; do we assume that the whole session is bad OR
I would treat anything between a BF(Bad Fit) and a GF(Good Fit) as Bad. If you're getting it a lot, then yes, it's likely the whole session is junk. But to be sure you'd have to check the RAW EEG.
Jaw Clench doesn't have a start an end, so that one is a little harder to class, but yes, Data with J near it is likely bad.

If you look a the RAW EEG, what you want are thin crisp lines. These show the electricity detected at the pad. You only want the tiny tiny pulse from your brain to show up. If you move your eyes rapidly, or blink you'll see the RAW EEG jumping up, this is EMG muscle movement interference, which you don't want. Bad Fit kicks in when you completely loose a sensor pad as shown on the HSI (Horse Shoe Indicator) and then Good Fit happens when you've got all your sensor pads connected well again.
=====================
Thanks James and I learn more every time you give me more details.I perfectly now understand GF and BF and offcourse J in the way it is to be ! Meditations pratices are varied whilst some are the "witnessing ones" where there is very little eye or facial movement but on the other hand meditation which have "reciting mantras" and focusing on energy chakras is where there is eye ball movement for sure; which I am aware of and seen it in my graph...anyways, thanks for the quick replies !
Djed1999

Post by Djed1999 »

Hi, I will like to know when meditating should both my Delta and Theta levels be low on graph? Typically I see my Delta levels around 130db , and Theta around 90d. Also can you tell me why I see my levels in db oppose to hz.

Thank you.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Alpha should be at the top if you're relaxing, with everything else below it.
Read this for more details on that theory: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0130129

Hertz is a specific frequency, Bels is the power in that frequency, or in this case frequency range.
If you're listening to the radio, you tune to a specific frequency, then the signal strength of that signals is in Bels. It's the same when listening to brainwaves.
Djed1999

Post by Djed1999 »

Thank you 😊
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

James,
Would the delta waves seen under alpha be because of me listening to an audio while meditating ? I usually do guided meditations and 9/10 times seen delta below my alpha. I am looking for the impact of audio on the muse while detecting delta waves and do audio waves contribute to it?
23AUG2020.PNG
23AUG2020.PNG (90.16 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'm not sure sorry. In the research that I've read, it just draws the conclusion that during relaxation Alpha is higher than the other waves, but I don't think it mentions which order the other waves are.

This is exactly the kind of theory that you can test with Mind Monitor. Do a bunch of test where you only change one variable and then compare the results to draw your own conclusions. Science! ;-)