Data error when unzip CSV file

zac1122

Data error when unzip CSV file

Post by zac1122 »

Hello,

I was recording overnight sleep for 8 hours with "continuous" log setting. The rest settings are default. When I stopped recording, it shows 4Gb for CSV file and then uploaded to dropbox then it is 238Mb in zip format.

When I downloaded zip file and tried to unzip, it shows there's data error and cannot be unzipped.

Is there a size limit on CSV file to be processed? Or some settings should be changed? How do I record full night, full frequency data?

My equip: iOS13.5+ Muse S

Thank you.
James
Site Admin

Re: Data error when unzip CSV file

Post by James »

You only need the continuous setting if you are going to perform your own FFT analysis of the RAW EEG data. If you just want brainwaves, leave it at 1hz.

There's no size limit to CSV files, but you might find that your computer can't create a 4GB file, depending on the type of FAT your disk partition is set to use. FAT16 for example has a 4GB file limit.
zac1122

Post by zac1122 »

Hi James,

Thanks for you reply. The unzip error could be the result of my low disk space. :P

From raw data, I can see real time eye movements, e.g. look at right/left/up/down, blinks. If I want to locate the time of those movements from an overnight data, do I need the continuous setting, or 1hz setting should be enough?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

For that you'd need the full 256Hz continuous data.
zac1122

Post by zac1122 »

Okay, thank you.