Not compatible with Huawei P20 Pro

elektrovert

Not compatible with Huawei P20 Pro

Post by elektrovert »

Hi there,
It seems your app is not compatible with the P20 pro.
This is a pretty high end phone. Any plans to support it?

Thanks.
James
Site Admin

Re: Not compatible with Huawei P20 Pro

Post by James »

No Sorry.
The P10 and P20 have faulty bluetooth chips and do not receive all the data they should from the Muse.
I have blocked them from being able to install after receiving numerous recordings showing missing data. I would strongly advise that you do not use the official Interaxon Muse app with this phone either, as your results are likely to be highly inaccurate.
elektrovert

Post by elektrovert »

OK thanks,

I was looking at changing phones soon anyway. I'm assuming Samsung phones are up to the task?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The blocked device is the LG G6, the Huawei P10 and Huawei P20.
Everything else should be fine :-)
mikalus

Post by mikalus »

I just got a Huawei P30 and was disappointed that MM had been 'blocked' by James due to a BT bug.
However, looking around I found this post where the bug had been fixed by simply altering a setting in the phone's battery management.
Hopefully now James will remove his 'block' and I can use MM on my P30 :-)

https://blog.oomap.co.uk/2019/02/blueto ... artphones/
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The battery management setting will only affect apps running in the background.

The issues with the P10 and P20 are intermittent data being received over Bluetooth while the app is running in foreground mode.

The poster in the article you linked mentions that their app already worked Ok in foreground, but not in background:
Once I made the change, I was able to set up Garmin Connect so that it runs in the background, and now I don’t even have to manually open the app in order to sync, after a cycle ride.
So I don't think this will help, sorry.
Nowisthetime

Post by Nowisthetime »

Hi James,

I also have a Huawei P20 Pro and the muse 2.

I enjoy this phone and don't really want to change.

1) Is there any way I can use your app with my muse headband with another device like my laptop computer using windows 10?

2 ) What other options do I have besides, getting a different phone?

Another question, I really enjoy the heart meditation from the company muse app, but at the end it shows you results of a graph of your heartrate. Unofrtunately it only shows you the low and the high of your heartrate and not the average. I think it would be great to display the average and over time with many sessions try to bring the average heartrate down.

The other disadvantage is once I move on from this graph, I am not able able to access it later. I don't think they store those graphs for viewing later. They just store overall minutes, cumulative number of birds and recoveries. But not the individual graphs of each mediation session.

3) Does your app allow me to measure the heartrate data from the heartrate sensor.

4) And would I be able to go more deeply than what the muse company provides. At least see the average heartrate and be able to go back and look at past data from meditation sessions.

Thank you.
Jason
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

#1 - Only Android and Apple mobile devices, sorry.
#2 - That's it, sorry!
#3/4 - Not yet. I'm looking in to heart rate, but I'm having a little trouble getting the data clean. Since the pandemic, I have very little development time, sorry. It'll come one day, but I can't give an ETA, sorry! Taking care of my son comes first.